Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Still eating watermelon & cherries every day.
My stomach is beginning to make me fairly uncomfortable.
I cried on Thursday because I overwatered the garden.
I miss botox & xanax & my size 26 jeans.
my mammaries are gigantic. and i don't mean that in a good way.
i struggle through my nightly runs because my lower back starts aching.
gone are the days that people would remark "wow, you don't look pregnant at all!"
those comments have been replaced by "so when are you due?"

but then she starts kicking...and i remember that my days of having her all to myself are running out. and then she kicks again...and i think about how grateful i am to be carrying her.
God knew exactly which parents to give Caroline to and for some reason, He chose us. What an awesome blessing!

so i guess in light of all that, my daily discomforts are hardly worth complaining about.

we saw the Dark Knight this weekend. it was well worth the wait.

I cooked acre peas for jason & joshua. Nanny would be so proud! they aren't quite as good as hers yet but they're getting there....

Well, that's really all I can think of for now. We miss you and love you all!~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK...this made your Mom cry this morning! Treasure these memories because believe it or not, the bad ones fade so fast and all you will remember is that it is worth every ache, pain, and complaint!

You and Jason will be awesome parents and God certainly knew what He was doing when he picked you two. (Keep that thought in mind when she is a teenager!!(
Love you,
Mom (Debra)

Baabe said...

Hi Beth & Jason

Sending along a little "pick me up" just for you Beth. Hopefully, it will put a smile on your face. Think "back in the day:-)" I can't remember when I sent it this week and maybe it will arrive before the weekend.

Haven't been down in the crawlspace this week. Need to take it a little slow because of my back, also. The "hunt" has been fun for me "taking a walk back in time." Still looking for "Are you my Mom?", "Hop on Pop", "The very large caterpillar", "Where the Wild Things Live." All fun books; even for Moms and Dads.

You didn't drown your garden. It probably needed a really good soaking anyway in the heat. Sometimes a "garden swim" is a good thing.

Thinking of you every day, missing you always. Love you...