Well like Beth mentioned we're stocking up on our Ole Miss attire for our future Rebelette. Hotty Toddy!!!
Mom's been helping put together some great things we can use from when I was a baby for the bath tub, for bed time stories, and for cuddling. I couldn't believe it when she said she found my first teddie bear Jakie. I carried him around by his leg until I was three. I'm sure glad I have been reunited with my long lost buddy and he can go back to doing what he does best...comforting. Jakie will be making a cameo appearance shortly; however currently he is in a rapid workout program after coming out of retirement and refused to be photographed...stay tuned!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I can just picture Baby Jason carrying around a teddy bear by the leg! How precious! Bet it was hard to give him up when you went to college, huh? Couldn't have those big tough football players making fun of you!!
Beth did have her favorite rocky horse, named "Bot". She called him that because he tried to "bot" her with his teefies. We don't have him because he was a family horse and went to another cousin.
She also had a favorite baby doll. You could ask her what was that baby's name and she'd say, "Name Pom". She carried it around until the hair on it stuck straight up and it was nekkid.
I'm also digging out some family treasures and will bring them when I come.
Love the update, makes me feel like I am there.
Debra
Hotty Toddy Jason and Beth. The outfits looked so cute and Beth, you are looking fabulous. Jason, you look good, too :) I love your garden. That is a bit difficult to do down here. Our temps have been over 110 for way too many days already. I am so anxious to get to Estes next week. Barb said the temps are very cool. That will be wonderful for me! I will miss seeing you both. Was hoping when I made plans over the 4th this year, it would include you both there, but alas, I do understand. No plans yet to get to Memphis this year, but you never know. Sometimes I do things at the last minute. I am looking forward to going thru those boxes in the crawl space with Grandma :) and seeing all the hand-me-downs Barb has stored away. PJ said he was boxing up Katies things to send your way, too. Have to keep the tradition going, you know. Take care, keep cool and keep the pictures coming. LOVE YOU BOTH...Aunt Mal.
Jakie needs repaired, but I'm looking forward to his "blog" picture after his procedure and some sun.
We had another MacGregor "event" last night and afterwards we sat on the porch at the Schageman's. The "fireflies" are back and it was really neat to see them in Colorado. I'm not sure I can catch them again in a jar. I was younger and faster the last time.
I'm looking forward to seeing Mal and finding some of your early books for bedtime reading. We are sad it didn't work out this summer for you to come here; but there will be other summers.
Have a great "4th" with Jean and friends. Love you.
Post a Comment