Can you believe it? Only 6 more weeks or so until the baby gets here. We are still working on the nursery...it is fit for viewing & it is fit for the baby to live in but it still isn't "finished." We are still looking for a couple of specific items for it & once we find them, I will be happy. At this rate, I think Caroline will be here before we get it done. :-(
Jason & I started our childbirth classes a couple of weeks ago but I've been so slack I've forgotten to mention it on here. We've learned a ton...for example, I didn't know that you had to have a catheter in your back for an epidural, which is rather unsettling. Stupid me, I thought it was just a shot. And Jason seems to have learned alot too, as the videos they show are rather graphic. It is too funny to watch him squirm & wince at the sight of some of those poor vaginas. It has been fun meeting all the other couples in class that are due around the same time we are...quite frankly, I can't believe all the women in that class that are having natural births.
Jean, Bill & Dot came over on Saturday for dinner. We ate hamburgers & watched the Olympics & got some great childcare advice from Bill....ie. "You'll get used to havin' baby shit underneath your fingernails." Jean gave Caroline a Brer Rabbit book that she tracked down at Davis-Kidd & a great time was had by all.
I got into poison ivy about 10 days ago...it started on my wrist & now it's spread to my boobs, legs, & arm. any suggestions? Barbie, I know you have experience here....
Other than that, I can't believe how good pickles taste right now. I was trying to describe it to Jason but it's such a heavenly taste, it can't even be put into words.
We'll post more pics soon. Hope everyone is doing well!~
2 comments:
Pickles! Yum! I still remember the taste of salty, dill pickles when I was pregnant! Actually, I'm not sure I ever recovered:-) Still one of my favorite food groups!
The poison ivy pustules will "go away" on their own. The spreading was caused from the oil; either on your fingers, clothing, ring, watch and they usually erupt within a week of exposure. The calamine lotion helps with the itching; which can be overwhelming at times! Wash any exposed skin immediately after working in the garden; this will help in the future. You'll get through this; and most of the "bumps" will fade simultaneously in about a week.
The bear came again. Paul thinks it was a different bear from this afternoon. They are stealing all the food from the birds. I feel so sorry for the bears; they are soooo hungry. We are not suppose to feed them anything and bang on pots to make them go away and fear us. This is difficult for me; but I realize they are not "teddy bears" and could eat me.
See you soon....September 15 is very close now. Missing you always. Love you!
Oh that Bill!! Makes me laugh to think of the "wisdom" we got from Bill, Mrs Dot and Jean in Memphis! At least with them around, I can be assured our little Caroline will have a Southern accent.
Poison Ivy!! Miserable, huh?? So sorry about that. What happens when you first get it is that you probably spread the oil around and now have it everywhere.
We are looking forward to coming in 6 weeks. I miss you and love you. Send more pictures!!
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment