With Easter approaching, there's one particular verse that's been on my mind this week. In John 6:15 we're told "after the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say 'surely this is the prophet who is to come into the world.' Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make Him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself." Why didn't Jesus just take this shortcut to glory and enjoy His rightful claim to earthly kingship? Because it didn't involve the cross. "Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?" Jesus famously asked Simon Peter when Peter tried to defend Him. Jesus' cup was our sins, which, He bore on the cross and had He taken the shortcut offered to Him in John 6, He would've been abstaining from that cup.
Oh, How I love Him!!
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter as we remember our Savior and all that He did for us this weekend!
Love, The Nickels
No comments:
Post a Comment