

We'd recently started noticing that Caroline was crossing her left eye, sometimes her right one....It was so subtle that sometimes I would think I was seeing things. When I learned that Jason had noticed it, along with Paul and Barbie, I called her pediatrician who referred me to a pediatric opthalmologist. Dr. Byrd diagnosed Caroline with something called 'accommodative estropia', meaning she cannot focus on things that are close to her face without crossing one of her eyes. It is something that can be corrected with glasses, so she will have to wear them all the time. After spending a couple of days being pretty bummed for her (2 just seemed so young to be in glasses!), I am now at peace with it. After all, there are parents at St. Jude's that don't know whether or not their child will make it through another day and I am upset b/c my daughter has to wear glasses? Snap out of it!!
She calls them her 'gasses' and every now and then, she will complain to her mommy (of course) that she wants to take them off. It's hard to resist but i know i have to be strong!!! Here she is modeling her new frames...isn't she cute? These were taken w/ my iphone so excuse the poor quality....
Love,
The Nickels
3 comments:
She is adorable!! I happen to like glasses.....
She is so cute in her new "gasses"! What a doll! I could just eat her up!
The glasses are precious! Will it be corrected with the glasses? One of Jacey's younger sisters was diagnosed with this or something similar and the doctor said that if you catch it early enough and treat it that it could cure it.
Post a Comment