Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring has Sprung!



Sunday was sooo beautiful we couldn't resist the urge to take Caroline to the park. We ventured over to Overton Park, which is a city park that Jason and I have always enjoyed. However, it is a much different experience for us now that we have Caroline...it was almost like we were experiencing it for the first time even though we'd been there countless times before. Maybe we never noticed the gang members or the shady PDA or pot-smoking, drum-playing hippies. But we notice them now. It is with sad reluctance that I am finally admitting that moving out of Midtown is most definetly the right decision for us. It has never more obvious to me than it was that day at the park. As much as I love our ecclectic neighbors, historic homes and quirky shops and restaraunts, we would really like for her to be able to ride her bike around the neighborhood and play outside. So at some point in the near future, I guess we will graduate to the suburbs. But mark my words, I will NEVER drive a mini-van.....
Love,
The Nickels

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what??!! What area are ya'll looking in?